- Who are the Giffords?
- We are career missionaries with Christian Reformed World Missions, serving in Mexico City.
- I (Dave) am an ordained minister in the Christian Reformed Church and work in the areas of leadership development and church development. I teach 4 courses per semester at the Seminario Teológico Reformado de México, and serve as the faculty librarian of the seminary. I also serve the Jesús el Salvador church by preaching, teaching and training leaders. And I serve the wider Spanish-speaking Christian community by helping organize training events for the Timothy Leadership Institute and by producing free Spanish web materials for Christians on the present website.
- My wife Blanca (Honduran-American) keeps our home functioning, keeps our finances in order and keeps our kids fed. She helps with the children's ministries and the ladies' society of a local church and attends an English Bible study across town.
- We have two children, Daniel and Alexandra. Daniel was born in 1995 in Ecuador while we served there as church planters with SIM. Alexandra was born in 2000 in Michigan while I was studying at Calvin Theological Seminary. Both are studying at a bilingual private school here in Mexico City.
- We hope you enjoy our website, one of several ways that we try to keep our friends, family and supporters up-to-date on our lives and ministry. God bless you.
- The Giffords